The Biobased label assures that the percentage of renewable biobased content is third-party certified and strictly monitored by the USDA. The label is part of the USDA-led BioPreferred® Program that assists the development and expansion of markets for biobased products.
Sartomer developed the SARBIO® product line to uphold a high standard for sustainable development. These specialty resins are designed to achieve responsible solutions for high-level performance energy or thermal curing systems and polymer synthesis. Through these developments, Sartomer is committed to contribute to sustainable innovation for a wide range of markets including specialty coatings and inks, additive manufacturing, adhesives and sealants, and advanced materials applications.
The newly designated products are:
- SARBIO® 5100 - Tetrahydrofurfuryl acrylate with 65% biobased content
- SARBIO® 5201 - Decanediol diacrylate with 64% biobased content
- SARBIO® 5106 - Stearyl acrylate with 87% biobased content
- SARBIO® 6101 - Lauryl methacrylate with 78% biobased content
- SARBIO® 7107 - Epoxidized soybean oil acrylate with 85% biobased content
“This voluntary certification for our SARBIO® range is fully aligned with Sartomer’s commitment to develop innovative and sustainable solutions which builds on the Arkema Group’s strong expertise in biosourced materials. Our SARBIO® range is an example of how we work to provide our customers and partners with sustainable new materials and solutions.”